Monday, July 15, 2013

LINSIDE

Five weeks, seven people and one motor home.

This past April and May I took up the chance to go on a Worship Arts Tour that YWAM Montana would be sending out to revitalize an old ministry that had died down years ago. This adventure took me to the North West part of the States and up into Canada. Five amazing musicians put their talents together to bring anointed worship and awareness of what YWAM has to offer to youth groups, churches, coffee houses, and much more. I was blessed enough to catch wind of the plans that had been made and with God's peace offer myself to accompany the team to do whatever I could to help as well as bathe the ministry in prayer. Luck or what I like to call divine  intervention was on my side because they actually not only accepted my desire to be a part of this ministry but welcomed me with arms wide open.

As we embarked on an amazing tour I was placed in-charge of running sound, totally unfamiliar ground to my rather unmusical self, thankfully  my team was very patient with me as I learned what the heck I was doing. In the midst of doing something that I am entirely unqualified to do God, once again, met me. In moments of discouragement and inadequacy Jesus came with loving arms to remind me that my identity and usefulness was not in what I could do physically, because I would always fall short in that area but it was in who HE said I was. Jesus sees me as a useful tool in his kingdom not because I am qualified but because I am willing. My heart was eager to serve, to see others come into a sweet relationship with our God through beautiful music lifted in praise to HIS goodness.

As I began to release control of how I wanted to be used God began to ACTUALLY USE ME. I had the opportunity to speak at different youth groups throughout the North West. Every time I was suppose to speak I found myself so nervous knowing that I had nothing to bring to the precious souls I would be speaking to. I knew that nothing I could say would change anything for any of them....I cried out telling God he was going to have to speak because HE was ALL they needed. As I stood in front of big eyes looking back at me I let go of control and said what I felt like God would want them to know about himself. Faithful as ever I began to see God answering my cry for help. It amazed me. Jesus was speaking to young hearts through me. Through ME! How crazy is that.  I feel like I have countless stories of God's unending faithfulness throughout this trip, to many to tell.

God provided. He was faithful to every prayer we prayed; no matter how small the prayer, he answered. I was blessed beyond compare to see my team members growing in their giftings and callings. We all had moments that we fell so short and yet we watched in awe as God used those moments for his greatest glory. Our shortcomings became some of our greatest moments of ministry. When we are weak HE is strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment